Sunday, December 21, 2008

BR 2-04: Christmas around the world




I'll talk about this book.
Reason why I choose this book, this illustration is so cute, And this title is "Christmas". Today is December 21! Coming soon!! So, I choose this book.
People have been enjoying Christmas for over 2000 years. Christmas is historical event. And it has a lot of story. At first, this book told about Christmas. This day is anniversary because of Jesus Christ was born December 25. People buy Christmas puddings, and they decorate it their homes. In Germany, Christmas markets held in town. They buy and eat some cookies and hot spicy drinks. And children write letter to a angel. Children ask him to leave their presents. And Santa isn't the only person to bring presents. For example, children wait for a kind and old witch in Italian.
I knew what the first Christmas tree is Martin Luther’s idea for the first time. And I knew when Christmas Day comes in the world, people around the world do a lot of things. And they do much kind of things such as preparing and eating. People have a lot of Christmas habits. I thought Christmas is very interesting. I recommend this book because you can know Christmas in the world.

[204 words]

No comments: