Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BR 2-10: The Monkey King


I’ll talk about this book. Reason why I choose this book, I thought this illustration is so beautiful. And I wanted to read this book.
Monkey was the cleverest animal in China. He was king but he is not a good king. So, people didn't like him. And then they ask Emperor of Heaven to help. He is angry. He sent a messenger. Messenger tells that there are magic peaches. These colors are yellow, orange and purple. If people eat yellow peach, people can become wise and clever. If people eat orange peach, people can fry. If people eat purple peach, people can live forever. So, Monkey eats purple peach. He becomes strong. At last, Buddha say Monkey will stay until he is ready to mend his way.
I recommend this book. Because this story is very interesting!

[138 words]

No comments: